As we move from Thanksgiving to the celebration of our Lord's birth, we are thankful for each of our patients and clients. You'll see a recurring theme, You are why we are here.
1 year ago we opened. It's been an amazing journey. We've been blessed to serve many patients with various forms of lymphedema, joint stiffness, scar adhesions, post operative swelling. Raindrop sessions have been a favorite with several, some who have returned on a routine basis. We've added new modalities to enhance wellness. Thank you for your support.
Can't believe it's been 2 months since our last post. If you've been part of this journey we'd like to personally thank you for your support. As we near the end of our 5th month, it's hard to believe what all we've accomplished. Our schedule is full; we've acquired new equipment, offer additional services and Diane is now a certified health coach.
Diane likes to share her love of creating new and healthy foods. Many have asked her to post the recipe for her waffles. This is her latest variation. Grain-free, gluten-free, sugar-free. Can be used as a dessert, meal replacement, bread replacement...
8 Soy Free Eggs
8 oz Organic Valley Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Stevia Glycerite (thicker than regular Stevia)
30 Drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
1 Scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
Blend well in a Vitamix or high speed blender. Place in prepared waffle maker. Enjoy!
No syrup needed.
The power of scent is strong; it can draw us back to our favorite memories. That’s why citrus oil can remind us of a relaxing day at the beach, or why conifer scents make you think of a hike with your besties. But scents can do so much more than create nostalgia! Experience the versality of essential oils:
1. Scrub away the sticky! You know the inconvenient price tag residue left on mirrors, plates, and cups? Apply 1–2 drops of Lemon essential oil on a cloth and wipe away the gunk. Let Lemon oil save you from a sticky situation!
2. Let your locks shine!Shiny hair, do care. Warm a few drops of Cedarwood essential oil in your hand and massage your scalp for healthier-looking hair.
3. Pamper your pretty self.Create a spa-like atmosphere with the calming aroma of Lavender essential oil. Mix 1 cup of Epsom salt and 4 drops of Lavender oil in your hot bath, then lie back and relax.
4. Invigorate your home cleaning.Add a few drops of Lemon essential oil to your naturally derived floor, window, and surface cleaning solution for a fresh, clean aroma. Do not use Lemon oil on granite or stone, as it may etch the surface.
5. Skin for the win!Incorporate a drop of Rose essential oil to your evening moisturizer to support healthy-looking skin. Try using other essential oils, but avoid applying citrus ones like Tangerine essential oil before spending time in the sun due to photosensitivity.
6. Scrub-a-dub in the tub.Wash away your work day with a homemade body scrub. All you need is coconut oil, Epsom salt, and Lavender essential oil.
7. Catch some zzz’s.Mornings after a good night’s rest are the best! Diffuse essential oils like Lavender, Vetiver, Cedarwood, German Chamomile, and Angelica to help create a calm, peaceful sleep. For more nighttime routine ideas, visit our blog post here.
8. Support a healthy lifestyle.Not only does Grapefruit Vitality™ essential oil electrify taste buds, but it also contains antioxidant properties* and can support weight management!
9. Breathe in, breathe out.Relax, we’ve got R.C.™ essential oil blend! Diffuse R.C. to support the feeling of normal, clear breathing and to promote restful sleep in a stuffy environment.
10. Unwind in your shower.When Peppermint and Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil are infused in a hot wash cloth, you can enjoy a calm, invigorating scent. You may even be too relaxed to let off steam of your own.
11. Be blemish-free!Tea Tree essential oil reduces the appearance of blemishes while maintaining healthy skin and nails when applied appropriately.
12. Boost your immune system.Looking for a fresh feeling during your work day? Add a few drops of Frankincense Vitality essential oil to your water to support well-being and normal cellular health.*
13. Elevate life with flavor and function!Want to elevate your flavor in the kitchen while cleansing your digestive system to boot? Add a small amount of Oregano Vitality essential oil over your favorite Italian dish. Eating yummy pasta and supporting digestion?* It’s hard to top that!
Use essential oils to their fullest potential! Diversify your essential oil uses to gain the ultimate experience.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Can essential oils change your life? They sure have changed ours! From a Lavender-infused bedtime routine to a cleaner-smelling Lemon-y kitchen, we have the tips and tricks you need to start using essential oils. Read on for our ways to go from beginner oil user to supreme oil enthusiast!
What are essential oils?Essential oils are highly aromatic oils derived from plants. They can be pulled from any botanical matter and are typically extracted from flower petals, citrus peels, grasses, tree barks, and resins. The oils are extracted through a variety of methods, including cold pressing and steam distillation.
How should I use essential oils?
Essential oils to start your collectionNew to oils and don’t know where to start? Here are some of our favorite oils and their top uses!
1. Lavender essential oilLavender essential oil was the first oil produced at Young Living and is a favorite for its calming, floral aroma. See our All About Lavender infographic for ideas on how to use it around your home.
2. Peppermint essential oilA cooling, minty scent with a familiar sharpness, Peppermint essential oil offers an energizing aroma that combines well with citrusy, spicy, and woodsy oils. Learn more about this fresh fragrance with our All About Peppermint infographic.
3. Lemon essential oilLemon essential oil frequently makes an appearance in cleaning products, and with good reason! Its bright, comforting scent makes everything feel fresher. Our All About Lemoninfographic will have you seeing citrus.
4. Frankincense essential oilFrankincense essential oil has been popular since ancient times, but it’s making a comeback due to its earthy, grounding aroma and skin benefits. Check out our All About Frankincenseinfographic to learn more!
6 ways to use Copaiba essential oil
Open a bottle of Copaiba essential oil and let the scent of the Amazon rainforest out. Steam distilled and resin tapped from the Brazilian Copaifera reticulata tree, Copaiba essential oil features a warm, woodsy scent and includes the naturally occurring constituent beta-caryophyllene, making it a popular addition to many spa and skin treatments. With a comforting, earthy aroma and a myriad of uses, Copaiba is the perfect daily indulgence to feel transported to a lush South American landscape. Read on for our favorite ways to use Copaiba oil.
1. In your moisturizer
Does your skin need a pick-me-up? Copaiba essential oil reduces the appearance of blemishes and promotes the appearance of a youthful, radiant glow. Add a few drops to a neutral or lightly scented moisturizer for a spa-like experience every evening before bed.
2. As a perfume
Copaiba oil has a uniquely sweet aromatic profile, which won’t overpower soft florals or subtle hints of citrus. Use it in customized perfumes in place of other woodsy oils like Cedarwood or Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood for a more delicate summer fragrance that won’t be overpowering in warmer temperatures.
3. In the diffuser
With a scent straight out of the Amazon, Copaiba puts the experience of a rainforest hideout just a few drops away. Put on some nature sounds and fill a room with this exotic aroma:
Rainforest Escape4 drops Copaiba essential oil
3 drops Cedarwood essential oil
2 drops Lime essential oil
4. During a massage
After a hard workout, strenuous hike, or overall stressful day, share a Copaiba massage with a loved one. Dilute Copaiba with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or a carrier oil of your choice and massage on fatigued areas after activity for a comforting cooldown.
5. In your diet
Copaiba has a soothing, complex flavor with a hint of balsamic. Its high beta-caryophyllene content makes it a popular dietary supplement. Young Living’s Copaiba Vitality™ is labeled for internal use and makes a great addition to herbal teas such as chamomile or rooibos. It can also be added to a capsule and taken internally.
6. In a foot soak
Imagine yourself at a spa in the Brazilian rainforest. If you can’t get away, bring the spa to you with a luxurious foot soak. This spa-inspired Tropical Resort Foot Soak recipe will whisk you away and soothe muscles at the end of a long day.
Tropical Resort Foot SoakIngredients:Directions:
April 30, 2016 by Abundant Health™ |
Some of us really aren't morning people and need a little help feeling energized and positive when waking up. If you can relate, these Citrus Shower Melts may be just the thing you need! Place one in your morning shower, and enjoy the wonderful, energizing citrus scent as your bathroom fills with steam and the hot water hits the shower melt. Be careful though—you may find yourself loving your morning when you start it with one of these!
Citrus Shower Melts
Ingredients & Supplies:
Some would call these fat bombs, but this mousse is so divine that it deserves to stand on its own.
What you do
Young Living Blog
When it comes to cleaning, some tasks simply stink—figuratively, literally, and sometimes both. To handle the chores that always get moved to the bottom of the to-do list, we’ve pulled together some deep cleaning tips using Thieves® Household Cleaner that will make your house sparkle from top to bottom.
Diluting Thieves Household Cleaner appropriately will help you get your job done quickly and easily. It will also help you keep your house fresh and clean without using toxic chemicals or harsh synthetics:
1. Range hoodDid you know that a completely plant-based product has the power to address the heavy grease that can accumulate under your range hood? It’s easy to forget about this kitchen workhorse, which is how it ends up hanging on to the funk of way too many meals past! Clear the air:
4. Cabinet doorsWhether they’re in your kitchen, bathroom, or hallway, cabinet doors get opened a lot but rarely by recently cleaned hands. Freshen them up with a quick wipe down.
7. BathtubFinally win your battle against the ring of soap scum that constantly evades you. Your bathroom will smell fresh after you take on the toughest tasks using Thieves Household Cleaner, which has a bright, lemon scent, derived from essential oils, not synthetics!
10. Computer keyboardMessy, grimy keyboards are havens for crumbs and gunk. Clear away the grime quickly by taking a Thieves Wipe to it, or using a cloth spritzed lightly with all-purpose cleaner. Make sure your computer is turned off so you don’t aof;joewifaho90we8fuyhonhvgo’drenvgn
11. Toothbrush holderHere’s another oft-forgotten dirty spot. Perhaps because it’s where we go to make mouths clean, we don’t recognize it’s laden with filth. Clean it up quick!