The power of scent is strong; it can draw us back to our favorite memories. That’s why citrus oil can remind us of a relaxing day at the beach, or why conifer scents make you think of a hike with your besties. But scents can do so much more than create nostalgia! Experience the versality of essential oils:
1. Scrub away the sticky! You know the inconvenient price tag residue left on mirrors, plates, and cups? Apply 1–2 drops of Lemon essential oil on a cloth and wipe away the gunk. Let Lemon oil save you from a sticky situation!
2. Let your locks shine!Shiny hair, do care. Warm a few drops of Cedarwood essential oil in your hand and massage your scalp for healthier-looking hair.
3. Pamper your pretty self.Create a spa-like atmosphere with the calming aroma of Lavender essential oil. Mix 1 cup of Epsom salt and 4 drops of Lavender oil in your hot bath, then lie back and relax.
4. Invigorate your home cleaning.Add a few drops of Lemon essential oil to your naturally derived floor, window, and surface cleaning solution for a fresh, clean aroma. Do not use Lemon oil on granite or stone, as it may etch the surface.
5. Skin for the win!Incorporate a drop of Rose essential oil to your evening moisturizer to support healthy-looking skin. Try using other essential oils, but avoid applying citrus ones like Tangerine essential oil before spending time in the sun due to photosensitivity.
6. Scrub-a-dub in the tub.Wash away your work day with a homemade body scrub. All you need is coconut oil, Epsom salt, and Lavender essential oil.
7. Catch some zzz’s.Mornings after a good night’s rest are the best! Diffuse essential oils like Lavender, Vetiver, Cedarwood, German Chamomile, and Angelica to help create a calm, peaceful sleep. For more nighttime routine ideas, visit our blog post here.
8. Support a healthy lifestyle.Not only does Grapefruit Vitality™ essential oil electrify taste buds, but it also contains antioxidant properties* and can support weight management!
9. Breathe in, breathe out.Relax, we’ve got R.C.™ essential oil blend! Diffuse R.C. to support the feeling of normal, clear breathing and to promote restful sleep in a stuffy environment.
10. Unwind in your shower.When Peppermint and Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil are infused in a hot wash cloth, you can enjoy a calm, invigorating scent. You may even be too relaxed to let off steam of your own.
11. Be blemish-free!Tea Tree essential oil reduces the appearance of blemishes while maintaining healthy skin and nails when applied appropriately.
12. Boost your immune system.Looking for a fresh feeling during your work day? Add a few drops of Frankincense Vitality essential oil to your water to support well-being and normal cellular health.*
13. Elevate life with flavor and function!Want to elevate your flavor in the kitchen while cleansing your digestive system to boot? Add a small amount of Oregano Vitality essential oil over your favorite Italian dish. Eating yummy pasta and supporting digestion?* It’s hard to top that!
Use essential oils to their fullest potential! Diversify your essential oil uses to gain the ultimate experience.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Can essential oils change your life? They sure have changed ours! From a Lavender-infused bedtime routine to a cleaner-smelling Lemon-y kitchen, we have the tips and tricks you need to start using essential oils. Read on for our ways to go from beginner oil user to supreme oil enthusiast!
What are essential oils?Essential oils are highly aromatic oils derived from plants. They can be pulled from any botanical matter and are typically extracted from flower petals, citrus peels, grasses, tree barks, and resins. The oils are extracted through a variety of methods, including cold pressing and steam distillation.
How should I use essential oils?
Essential oils to start your collectionNew to oils and don’t know where to start? Here are some of our favorite oils and their top uses!
1. Lavender essential oilLavender essential oil was the first oil produced at Young Living and is a favorite for its calming, floral aroma. See our All About Lavender infographic for ideas on how to use it around your home.
2. Peppermint essential oilA cooling, minty scent with a familiar sharpness, Peppermint essential oil offers an energizing aroma that combines well with citrusy, spicy, and woodsy oils. Learn more about this fresh fragrance with our All About Peppermint infographic.
3. Lemon essential oilLemon essential oil frequently makes an appearance in cleaning products, and with good reason! Its bright, comforting scent makes everything feel fresher. Our All About Lemoninfographic will have you seeing citrus.
4. Frankincense essential oilFrankincense essential oil has been popular since ancient times, but it’s making a comeback due to its earthy, grounding aroma and skin benefits. Check out our All About Frankincenseinfographic to learn more!